It is perhaps the Zora Arkus-Duntov’s dream machine. Built by Florida-based American Supercars, Inc., its inspirations were also Ferraris, Porsches, and FordGT40s of that era.
And now it’s again going up for auction on Sunday, May 29 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Here are 7 reasons why this old Vette is absolutely wonderful:
1. It’s got that famed rear split-window.
2. It features an articulated “suislide” door system and cab-forward design.
3. Power comes from a modern LS twin-turbo 5.7-liter V8 that dynos at 1,067 hp and 915 lb-ft of torque.
4. 0-60 mph happens in less than three seconds.
5. The body has been widened by 10 inches.
6. Penske Racing provided the suspension system.
7. "It’s the Corvette Duntov would have built to win Le Mans." The auction house predicts it'll sell for somewhere between $90,000 and $110,000.