Alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes kill someone every 48 minutes and the annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $51 billion. Driving drunk is never OK. Choose not to drink and drive and help others do the same.
Since it is the weekend:
Take a few minutes to make sure you and others avoid injury and death from impaired driving.
· Designate a nondrinking driver before any party or celebration begins. Remind others to do the same.
· Don’t drink and drive. Get a ride home or call a taxi.
· Take the keys. Don’t let someone else drink and drive.
· If you’re hosting a party where alcohol will be served, remind your guests to plan ahead and designate their sober driver; offer alcohol-free beverages; and make sure all guests leave with a sober driver.
· Buckle up every time. It’s your best defense against a drunk driver.