One of the facts of life is that nobody wants someone else driving their car. Whether it be your best friend or your girlfriend, no one knows your ride like you do. So why then do people so willingly hand their keys to the valet when prompted? As these five valet fails prove, parking a car isn’t as easy as it sounds. Yes, a parking lot can be a dangerous place and everyone has an off day at work every now and then. Still, when your job is to park Lamborghinis and Bugattis you’ve got to be on your A-game at all times.
1) It takes a special kind of person to smash up a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder as bad as this. Most parking lot accidents occur at low speeds and result in cosmetic damage. This accident, which occurred at the Le Meridien Hotel in New Delhi, left more than just a scratch on the door. The front end was completely totaled and the passenger side mirror was knocked off. Go big or go home, right?
2) In this valet’s defense, he didn’t smash up the car he was assigned to park. So, what did he do that qualifies as a “fail”? Well, he had trouble parallel parking the four-wheeled whale so he went out to get help. Unfortunately he left the supercar unlocked and running. Luckily for him nobody tried to steal the supercar, likely because Veyrons are the definition of conspicuous.
3) Crashing the car you were supposed to park is bad, but dropping the car you were supposed to park into the ocean is worse. A Fort Myers, Florida, valet forgot to put a car in park when he exited it. As you can guess, that car was on a dock and it eventually found its way into the ocean. The next time the valet returns your car with a scratched door remember that it could always be worse, as in underwater worse.
4) You need to respect the speed of supercars wherever you are, whether that’s the track or in the parking lot of a hotel in Monaco. This valet forgot that rule, and it ended up costing him big. The poor guy jumped off the line and ran smack into a RAV4. Compared to the other cars on this list the owners of this Aventador got off easy. The biggest question that needs answering is what was a RAV4 doing in Monaco?
5) The Mercedes-Benz G65 AMG looks tough, but can it handle being crashed into a wall? An unfortunate valet in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, learned that the answer to that question is “yes.” Here’s hoping the driver wasn’t attempting to pull off some insane hagwalah moves while on duty.