This website, including the mobile and online applications, (the "Site") is operated by Wheelers SAL ("Wheelers.me"). This Privacy Statement (the "Statement") describes Wheelers.me's collection, use and disclosure of information practices in connection with the Site. This Statement applies to the website located at https://wheelers.me/ as well as to any versions of the Site that Wheelers.me operates, including without limitation any mobile or similar versions. Please be aware that Wheelers.me may share information you submit through this Site with affiliates, as described below.
For purposes of clarification, this Statement also describes Wheelers.me's collection, use, and disclosure practices with respect to any personally identifiable information and Usage Data (as defined below) that is provided to Wheelers.me by any of its third-party distribution partners that display Wheelers.me vehicle listings.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to visit the Site. Wheelers.me automatically collects Usage Data (as described below) and may collect ZIP codes and other information in connection with your use of the Site (e.g., the type of car you are looking for). Wheelers.me collects personally identifiable information only when you make it available through your use of the Site. In addition, you may submit personally identifiable information through the Site in other ways, including: (a) participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes; (b) subscribing to newsletters, editorial content, or promotional content sent via email, (c) using the Site's "Feedback" and "More Information" forms; and (d) in connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the Site. We also publish toll-free phone numbers for many of the dealerships that list vehicles for sale on the Site. If you dial one of these phone numbers, Wheelers.me or a service provider operating on Wheelers.me's behalf may record the date, time and length of your call and the phone number from which the call originated, along with other information that may be captured. Any Usage Data (as defined in the next section) and/or personally identifiable information resulting from such calls may be used as described in this Statement. The types of personally identifiable information that you provide will depend on the nature of the submission, but could include your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information.
Passive Information Collection
The Site automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer.
Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a webpage.
IP Address Logs: Wheelers.me also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses - the location of your computer on the internet – and may log device ID and information about your browser or operating system.
Cookies allow Wheelers.me to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name, address or ZIP code on one of the Site's forms, it may be stored in a cookie so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies and web beacons can tell us what advertising you have seen on the Site, which allows Wheelers.me to offer you a more diverse selection of advertising information and may also be used together to measure the effectiveness of Wheelers.me advertising campaigns. Cookies, web beacons and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding Site usage (e.g., what website you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what website you went to). Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by Wheelers.me to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You can disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with third-party software packages. If you turn off cookies, many of the Site's features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding use of our Site and services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of Wheelers.me through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to in this Statement as "Usage Data."
Cookies that we use
|test_cookie||.doubleclick.net||Advertisement||This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.||15 minutes|
|IDE||.doubleclick.net||Advertisement||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.||1 year 24 days|
|_fbp||.wheelers.me||Advertisement||This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.||3 months|
|fr||.facebook.com||Advertisement||The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisments to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.||3 months|
|_ga||.wheelers.me||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gid||.wheelers.me||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.||1 day|
|__gads||.wheelers.me||Analytics||This cookie is set by Google and stored under the name dounleclick.com. This cookie is used to track how many times users see a particular advert which helps in measuring the success of the campaign and calculate the revenue generated by the campaign. These cookies can only be read from the domain that it is set on so it will not track any data while browsing through another sites.||1 year 24 days|
|BrowserId||.force.com||Analytics||This cookie is used for registering a unique ID that identifies the type of browser. It helps in identifying the visitor device on their revisit.||1 year|
|X-Salesforce-CHAT||d.la2-c2-ia2.salesforceliveagent.com||Functional||This cookie is set by Live Agent to provide live chat support functionality to the user.|
|__cfduid||.wheelers.me||Necessary||The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.||1 month|
|CAKEPHP||wheelers.me||Necessary||This cookie is used as a cookie controller used for managing other cookies.||1 day|
|__cfduid||.cloudflare.com||Necessary||The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.||1 month|
|__cfduid||.onesignal.com||Necessary||The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.||1 month|
|BrowserId_sec||.force.com||Other||No description||1 year|
|_gat||.wheelers.me||Performance||This cookies is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the colllection of data on high traffic sites.||1 minute|
Personally Identifiable Information: Personally identifiable information collected by Wheelers.me through your use of the Site, through your providing an email address to receive promotional or other communications via email, or through your providing a mobile number to receive coupon(s) or other communications via call, text or SMS, may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by Wheelers.me for any of the following purposes:
To confirm or fulfill a request that you make (e.g., in order to send you a price quote or other information you have requested, Wheelers.me may share your contact information and content interests with a participating Wheelers.me dealer and/or manufacturer).
To deliver coupons and other marketing communications via text or SMS, which, by providing your mobile number to Wheelers.me, you have expressly consented to receive.
To follow up on any request that you have previously made (e.g., Wheelers.me may contact you to determine whether the dealer and/or manufacturer responded to your original request).
To communicate with you regarding the Wheelers.me service (e.g., Wheelers.me may send you emails or call you to confirm a price quote request or to notify you that you have received a lead regarding a vehicle you have advertised or to request that you participate in a survey).
To send promotional materials, newsletters or other content via email, text message, or otherwise. If you no longer wish to receive a particular email newsletter or other promotion from Wheelers.me, you must follow the opt-out instructions included in such email newsletters, text messages, and promotions.
To permit third parties (to whom Wheelers.me may disclose personally identifiable information specifically for direct marketing purposes) to send you promotional or informational messages, but if contact is via phone or SMS only if you have first affirmatively agreed to receive such messages. You agree that the seller or other third party to text or call, and that a portion of any call may be pre-recorded.
To improve your user experience.
To manage Wheelers.me's business and its relationships with affiliates, customers, and other third parties to which Wheelers.me may disclose personally identifiable information pursuant to this Statement.
To assist in Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
Usage Data: Usage Data is used by Wheelers.me for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, Wheelers.me may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about consumers who click on their advertising or other messages. IP addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Your use of Wheelers.me products or services will not be limited if you opt out of receiving telemarketing calls or texts. However, you agree that Wheelers.me may send to you, and you cannot opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, the status of your SIY Account, changes to this Statement or the Wheelers.me Terms of Service, as well as communications to confirm, fulfill and follow up on your SIY Account registration or a request submitted through the Site.
Mobile-specific information we may collect
Wheelers.me collects mobile information such as your device and hardware IDs and device type, the request type, your carrier, your carrier user ID, and the content of your request, which does not by itself identify you, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you may consider personal. Wheelers.me may collect geo-location information (this may include when you use location-based products and services on the Site, and/or turn on location-based services on your mobile device). This information may reveal your actual location, such as GPS data, or it may not, such as when you submit a partial address to look at a map of the area. All requests may be sent through your mobile carrier's network and your carrier may have access to it. For information regarding your carrier's treatment of your information, please consult your carrier's privacy policies.
Wheelers.me shares the personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
- Affiliates. Wheelers.me may share your personally identifiable information with affiliates in a manner consistent with this Statement.
- Requests. If you request information or services through the Site, you agree that Wheelers.me may share personally identifiable information with third parties as may be necessary to provide such information to or perform such services for you. For example, if you use the Site's "Check Availability" or “Book Test Drive” forms in a vehicle listing to request a price quote from a dealership, Wheelers.me will share the information you entered with that dealership (or its designee). If that vehicle listing was provided by an automobile manufacturer on behalf of a dealer, Wheelers.me may also share the personally identifiable information you submit as part of the request with the automobile manufacturer and/or its affiliates. Similarly, if through the Site you request additional information from a financial institution, Wheelers.me will share your information with that institution. Personally identifiable information also may be included in reports to these third parties, but only when you have intended to submit the information to the third party as described above. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices and Wheelers.me does not control their subsequent use or disclosure of information.
- Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on the Site that is sponsored by Wheelers.me and a third party, Wheelers.me reserves the right to share personally identifiable information collected in conjunction with the sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices.
- Service Providers. Wheelers.me may work with third parties that provide services on its behalf, including, among others, providers of analytical, attribution, development, promotional, research, credit card processing, technical and other services. For example, Wheelers.me may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or sweepstakes or send newsletters on its behalf. Similarly, if you make a payment to Wheelers.me by credit card, Wheelers.me may share your personally identifiable information and credit card information with a third party in order to process credit card transactions, or such information may be collected directly by the credit card processing service provider on Wheelers.me's behalf. In such cases, Wheelers.me asks that the third party maintain your personally identifiable information as confidential and use the information only to perform the services specified by Wheelers.me.
- Email List Opt-Outs. In the event Wheelers.me sends promotional emails to you on behalf of third-party advertisers and you inform Wheelers.me you wish to opt out of future promotional emails from a particular third party, Wheelers.me may share your email address with that third party so the third party may add you to its opt-out lists.
- Other. Wheelers.me expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process, (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Site, (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others, (d) to enforce our Terms of Service and (e) in connection with any sale or other transfer of ownership of all or a part of Wheelers.me. Further, if you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site, Wheelers.me reserves the right to disclose such information to third parties, including, without limitation, insurance companies and Wheelers.me's affiliates and third-party distribution partners.
Please note that the messages that Wheelers.me sends to you to confirm, fulfill or follow up on a request may incidentally include promotional material or other content from Wheelers.me or its partners. Wheelers.me reserves the right to share Usage Data with any third party for any reason.
Share a Page
The Site offers you the ability to email or share certain pages of the Site to a friend or other third party. If you choose to use the "Email a Page" functionality, your name, email address and any message you are allowed to include will be visible to the recipient of the email. The "Email a Page" functionality is for informational purposes only and may not be used for any unlawful purpose, including any harassment or threats. Information collected by Wheelers.me through the "Email a Page" functionality shall be used in accordance with this Statement.
Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to update and periodically amend this Statement at our discretion and at any time. If we make changes to this Statement, amendments will be posted online and the date of update will be included. Your continued use of Wheelers.me and its affiliated sites after any such update indicates your agreement to the same.
Your personally identifiable information is one of our most valuable assets. We take steps to keep it physically secure in our data centers and it is accessible only to authorized personnel as needed to perform operations governed by this policy. In addition, when Wheelers.me collects credit card information from you, Wheelers.me uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, the industry standard for protecting privacy in web transactions. Please keep in mind that despite these measures, Wheelers.me cannot guarantee or warrant 100 percent security of its servers and databases. Moreover, Wheelers.me cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information that you submit through the Site will not be intercepted or otherwise disclosed.
This Site contains links to other sites. While Wheelers.me encourages our business partners to adopt privacy policies that build users' trust and confidence in the internet, Wheelers.me is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites linked to the Site or any third-party products or services offered through the Site.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
Third-party service providers may also collect information from your devices and may combine personal and non-personal information about you with information from other sources including your visits to this and other websites, mobile websites and/or mobile applications across your various devices. These activities may enable them to identify you in order to provide content and advertisements about goods and services of interest to you across those various devices.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, do not hesitate to contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Last Updated — January 22, 2020